Home / Aus Services / Local Agent for Foreign Companies

Local Agent for Foreign Companies

Are you registering as a foreign company?

If you choose to remain as a foreign company, you must be registered to conduct business in Australia.

What’s required to register as a foreign company

To comply with current regulations, you’ll need to:

  • Have a registered office in Australia: This is where all communication and notices will be forwarded
  • Appoint a local agent: This person or entity will be responsible for the doing of all acts, matters and things that the foreign company is required to do under the Corporations Act 2001
  • Have an Australian Registered Body Number (ARBN): A unique 9-digital ID number
  • Clearly display your business name and ARBN: Outside every office and place in Australia where your business is conducted

Contact CoSec to get started

For more details about how we can help, download our Fact Sheet.