YOUR COSEC RESIDENT PUBLIC OFFICER
Australian laws require companies to have a Public Officer who must reside in Australia. The Public Officer is responsible for ensuring that the company complies with the tax law and for liaising with the ATO concerning the company's taxation
CoSec’s Resident Public Officers act as liaison with the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) in:
- Managing all correspondence and communication with the ATO
- Acting as the authorised representative of the company
- Signing official returns to be lodged with the ATO.
YOUR COSEC RESIDENT COMPANY SECRETARY
A registered foreign company (registered with ASIC) must always have a local agent. A local agent of a registered foreign company is answerable for the doing of all acts, matters and things that the foreign company is required by or under the Corporations Act to do.
This appointee will provide a complete range of corporate governance and compliance services, including:
- Planning and managing Board, committee and shareholder meetings
- Preparing and lodging official forms
- Maintaining statutory registers
- Providing general governance and compliance advice
Resident Director Services
CoSec offers a team of highly qualified and experienced business professionals to act as Resident Directors for new or existing foreign companies with subsidiaries or branch offices in Australia, new and existing companies.
By law, all Australian companies must have at least one director who is a resident of Australia. For more information about why you need a Resident Director for your Australian company, see our Fact Sheet here.
When you enlist CoSec’s Resident Director and Officer services, you’ll know that all your compliance and governance needs are being met – allowing you to focus all your energy on growing your business.
AUSTRALIAN RESIDENT DIRECTOR SERVICES
As well as providing core guidance on all governance and compliance matters, your CoSec Director will be able to offer a wide range of professional and advisory services, including:
- Signing documents for filing with regulatory authorities
- Acting as the shareholder’s representative to ensure compliance
- Liaising with regulatory authorities and financial institutions
- Providing general advice about the Australian corporate, legal and financial landscape
MEET THE COSEC RESIDENT DIRECTORS TEAM