CoSec Directors represents a new departure for Australian corporate services: a platform dedicated to providing authoritative, highly qualified directors who will create a solid foundation for high-potential foreign-owned companies in Australia.
The role of a CoSec Director would specifically suit a former executive, lawyer or management consultant with experience in one of the technology sectors that make up Australia's National Innovation and Science Agenda – sectors in which CoSec has established a strong leadership position.
What we need from you:
A CoSec Director will act as the appointed resident director for a locally registered proprietary limited ('Pty Ltd') company with the sole shareholder located overseas. As well as providing core guidance on governance and compliance issues, the CoSec Director will provide various professional and advisory services, including:
- Acting as the appointed director on record with ASIC
- Liaising with regulatory authorities, financial institutions, and the Australian Taxation Office
- A friendly personality with a high attention to customer service
- A high level of attention to detail and a diligent nature
- Acting as shareholder's representative to ensure adherence with compliance protocols
- Signing documents for lodgement with ASIC, ASX, ATO and financial institutions
- Signing directors' circulating resolutions
- Providing strategic advice as required on clients' business plans and Australian projects, and trouble-shooting on other relevant areas of their business.
We'd like you to make the position your own, bringing in your existing skills and building upon them to ensure growth for both yourself and CoSec. We're an open-minded and fun-loving crew, and we're looking for someone to carry on that attitude and expand on the positivity and diversity of our team.
A CoSec Director must have experience in the following:
- Acting as a company director in Australia,
- Qualifications with the Australian Institute of Company Directors or the Governance Institute of Australia,
- Overseeing compliance with the Corporations Act and ASIC requirements, and
- A law or accounting degree (as opposed to a practising certificate or CPA accreditation).
- Experience in the key industries in which CoSec operates, including biotech/pharma, software development, technological innovation, and manufacturing,
- Experience working with foreign companies and shareholders, including Chinese, UK, US, Malaysian and Singaporean nationals,
- Fluency in the languages of these countries, and
- Experience in corporate or commercial law.
Upon applying, please be sure to follow the instructions carefully and to include in your covering letter THREE GREAT THINGS that set you apart from other applicants.
Also, please note that applications without a covering letter will not be accepted.
We look forward to meeting you!